This three day training course on solar and energy storage will provide insight into the latest energy transition outlook for both solar and storage technologies.
Course topics (please refer to the leaflet for more details)
Day 1: Solar PV
- Energy transition outlook
- Technical basics of PV power plants
- Cost build up and price outlook
- PV life cycle focus
- Roles of storage in the electricity grid
- Essential elements - life cycle phases and planning
- Business models
- Risks in energy storage
- Project development
- Project financing
- Case studies
The training and all course material will be in English.
After this course you will be able to:
- Describe the latest energy transition outlook in the solar and storage sector.
- Understand the principles and best practises of the solar PV power plant and its key best practises.
- Break down the capital cost of a combined solar PV with storage power plant.
- Identify opportunities and risks for grid-connected energy storage in your business.
- Understand the complexity of grid-connected energy storage projects, be able to make decisions and interact with stakeholders during the entire project life cycle.
This course is intended for professionals wishing to obtain expert knowledge of combined solar and storage projects. The typical audience includes project developers and owners, insurers, lenders and other financial institutions. Policy makers, utilities, EPC contractors and other professionals wishing to benefit from DNV GL’s technical and commercial knowledge of energy storage and solar PV are also welcome to register for this course.
An elementary knowledge of electricity and/or physics is recommended.