Power transformers are vital components of the power supply infrastructure. Their reliability, availability, life cycle cost and residual life expectancy depend to a significant extent on how they are designed, built, operated and maintained. This course will help participants understand the basic principles of power transformers and the associated utilization issues.
Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to discuss your questions with internationally reputed transformer experts, exchange experiences and practical examples with fellow participants, and visit the KEMA High Power and High Voltages laboratories of DNV GL.
- Understanding of how transformers are designed, constructed, protected and operated
- Knowledge of how to specify and assure the quality of transformers
- Insight into transformer maintenance, condition assessment and lifetime estimation
For more information please refer to the leaflet.
There is also a four-day training course available in the Dutch language. More information about this course can be found on our Dutch website.
- Basic transformer theory
- Transformer design and construction
- Specification and quality assurance
- Transformer protection
- High-voltage and short-circuit transformer testing
- Oil: electrical insulator, thermal conductor and condition indicator
- Condition assessment and diagnosis
- Maintenance and transformer asset management
Asset engineers, asset managers, technical consultants and anyone else dealing with the design, specification, operation, maintenance and protection of power transformers.