Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 (MLC, 2006 services)
Head of Section - Management Systems Hamburg
Get in touch with your local officeFind office details
We are your competent and reliable partner for efficient inspections and effective certification for compliance with MLC, 2006.
MLC, 2006 certificates have been mandatory since August 2013. Shipowners must ensure on-going compliance with flag state legislation. The convention applies to ships of 500 GT or over engaged in international voyages.
With our large and comprehensive worldwide network, our MLC services are provided by more than 650 local DNV GL auditors and inspectors at over 300 sites in more than 100 countries. With our commitment to quick decision-making and fast processing times, they work together with you to ensure that the process for your MLC, 2006 certification is handled effectively.
We support you in meeting all your MLC, 2006 needs:
- Workshops and training for both on-board and onshore staff
- Gap analysis, DMLC review, inspection and certification
- Certification of crew manning offices and recruitment and placement service providers
- Statement of compliance with MLC, 2006 regulation 3.1 and ILO 92/133
- Noise and vibration checks for newbuilding projects
- As a shipowner in a non-ratifying country, you may opt for a statement of compliance to facilitate smoother operations
To complement these services, we also provide powerful and user-friendly online tools – such as Corrective Action Plan Reporting, My DNV GL and IMO Vega – to satisfy your needs.
We are your one-stop shop for effective, reliable certification needs:
- Based on our in-depth experience and expertise, we offer shipowners effective inspection and certification services
- Early involvement at the newbuilding project stage enables effective solutions compliant from day one
- Show compliancy and avoid unnecessary detention times
- Prompt and effective solutions due to our in-depth knowledge of flag state requirements and extensive cooperation with flag state administrations