How will you and your company benefit from this course?
- Provide an understanding of the principles and benefits of safety management.
- Facilitate the identification of safety processes within an organisation.
- Provide an understanding of the benefits of OHSAS 18001 and SMS audit.
- Ensure the correct application of accepted audit protocols.
- Provide delegates with the skills needed to plan and undertake internal safety audits.
- Facilitate value-added auditing and reporting to aid enhanced system performance.
What we will cover?
- Management systems and the need for audits.
- Brief overview of the aim, structure and uses of OHSAS 18001.
- Establishing an internal safety audit programme.
- Selection and training of internal auditors.
- Planning, preparing, performing and reporting internal safety audits.
- Verifying corrective action.
- Dealing with difficult audit situations.
- Auditing for improvement.
Prior knowledge.IRCA recommends all students have the following prior knowledge:
- Understand the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle
- A basic knowledge of the concepts of Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems.
- Understand commonly used Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems terms and definitions, as given in OHSAS 18001.
- An understanding of the requirements of OHSAS 18001
- The course is of two days duration and is presented by experienced DNV tutors.
- Course delivery is through lectures, delegate interaction, open discussion and workshops.
- Public course includes daytime refreshments, buffet lunch, course notes & training certificate.
- Special arrangements can be made for delivery at your organisations own premises.
For a downloadable copy of the registration form, please click on the link below for Training booking Form. The completed form can then be sent to us by fax (+971 4 3559433) / email (BusinessAssurance.ME@dnv.com). For a downloadable copy of the training calendar, click on link Training Calendar below.
Terms and Conditions
- Upon receiving a completed booking form by fax/email, a place is reserved for the delegate/s on a first come first serve basis and course confirmations will be sent closer to the date of the course or when a course is confirmed.
- A course is confirmed only when we have received sufficient enrollments to conduct a viable course to ensure active participation from students.
- If you have not received joining instructions at least 5 days prior to the course, please contact us by email or phone.
- Cancellations must be given in writing. In the event that cancellation is received 2 weeks or less prior to the course, 50% of the course fee will be levied. For ‘No-shows’ on the course, the full course fee will be levied.
- For delegates requiring accommodation, DNV has corporate rates. Bookings should be made directly with the hotel, quoting the DNV course reference. Delegates must settle hotel accounts themselves.
- Delegates cannot bring any claim or legal action against DNV relating to participation in the course or from knowledge obtained during the course. The use of the information or documentation obtained during the course shall be at the user’s sole risk.