Why this course?This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of management systems against the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015, in accordance with the guidance given in the ISO19011 for first and second party audits as well as the requirements of the ISO17021 for third party audits. This course has been registered and certificated by the IRCA Governing Body and satisfies the formal training requirements for individuals seeking registration under IRCA or other Auditor Certification Schemes.
Who should attend?Anyone intending to perform audits of environmental management system. Note that, while this course is applicable to first, second, and third-party audits, this course is taught from the third party (Certification Body) perspective. An attendee can both start their journey down the third party auditor route, and/or have an understanding of what third party auditors look for. Some companies require the successful completion of this course to perform first party and second party audits.
- Management systems – What and why, including the HLS
- What is an audit and why are they necessary
- Risk based thinking process
- ISO 14001:2015 purpose and from an auditing perspective
- How to plan & conduct audits
- Audit communication
- Value added audit reporting and follow-up
Did you know?
- Participant evaluation is through Continuous assessment during the complete training course and a closed book examination at the end of the course
- Successful completion of this course is one of the criteria for you to apply for an IRCA Lead auditor status
- You can know record your IRCA certificate to access exclusive resources via www.irca.org
- The PDCA cycle
- Relationship between environmental management and impacts and effects
- HLS requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements of the ISO14001:2015.
These prior knowledge requirements can be easily gained by attending our Foundation course in ISO14001/ Environmental Management Systems.
For a downloadable copy of the registration form, please click on the link below for Training booking Form. The completed form can then be sent to us by fax (+971 4 3559433) / email (BusinessAssurance.ME@dnv.com). For a downloadable copy of the training calendar, click on link Training Calendar below.
Terms and Conditions
- Upon receiving a completed booking form by fax/email, a place is reserved for the delegate/s on a first come first serve basis and course confirmations will be sent closer to the date of the course or when a course is confirmed.
- A course is confirmed only when we have received sufficient enrollments to conduct a viable course to ensure active participation from students.
- If you have not received joining instructions at least 5 days prior to the course, please contact us by email or phone.
- Cancellations must be given in writing. In the event that cancellation is received 2 weeks or less prior to the course, 50% of the course fee will be levied. For ‘No-shows’ on the course, the full course fee will be levied.
- For delegates requiring accommodation, DNV has corporate rates. Bookings should be made directly with the hotel, quoting the DNV course reference. Delegates must settle hotel accounts themselves.
- Delegates cannot bring any claim or legal action against DNV relating to participation in the course or from knowledge obtained during the course. The use of the information or documentation obtained during the course shall be at the user’s sole risk.